Thursday, May 27, 2010

Announcements!

Giant Mountain seen from Noonmark MountainImage via Wikipedia

I have been neglecting my blog while I got some other stuff together. Now that it is, I suppose I should tell you what I've been up to.

Announcement #1: Beginning June 1st, I'll be teaching two yoga classes at The Studio at High Peaks Cyclery in Lake Placid. These classes are in addition to the classes at my Schroon Lake studio. The Lake Placid classes are Hatha yoga at 9:30 am on Tuesdays and Vinyasa (flow) yoga at 5:00 pm on Fridays. So, if you are in the area, come to High Peaks Cyclery and try one of my classes!

Announcement #2: I am putting on a number of workshops over the summer. The first, a workshop on the Chakras, is on Saturday, June 5th at 1:30 pm in the Schroon Lake studio. It will be a good introduction to the Chakra system and I am excited to be presenting it. In addition to the workshop, I am writing some blog posts on the Chakras, which I will be sharing over the summer.

There will also be three other workshops over the summer, which will be on Wednesdays in Schroon Lake (and possibly on Sundays in Lake Placid, depending on the timing). The first, which I'm calling Yoga Demystified, will be an introduction to yoga for people who have been wondering what it's all about. The second, called Yoga on the Trails, is a workshop on yoga and hiking. The third is all about Sun Salutations, both the history and the process.

Announcement #3: I've really been enjoying my research for my hiking workshop, and have been putting some good information together. I've decided that my winter project will be turning that information into a book. So, in a couple of years, when the book has yet to be finished, you can remind me I promised to write it.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, Debbie!! The hiking and yoga sounds very exciting. I will read the book when you write it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...