Thursday, November 25, 2010

Today I am Thankful ...

... for my family. I am thankful for my wonderful husband who loves me even when I am at my most unlovable. I am thankful for my children and the joy and pride they bring me. I am thankful for my parents, who gave me life and have always given me love and support. I am thankful for my brother and sister and their spouses and children, and for aunts and uncles and cousins, for filling the holiday house with laughter and love.

... for our home. I am thankful for warmth and light. I am thankful for stocked cupboards. I am thankful for soft beds and an even softer sofa. I am thankful for a place for the family to gather and be safe while storms blow.

... that I have access to advanced medical science, nutrition, massage, Reiki, yoga, and many other healing modalities, and I am thankful that I am free to choose whichever serves me best. I am thankful that my body is strong and healthy thanks to the combined work of doctors, nutritional consultants, massage therapists, Reiki masters and yoga teachers. Today I am especially thankful for a cortisone shot and a list of yoga poses to practice daily, to heal my knee and stretch my hamstrings so that I can run again. I am thankful for the gift of hope.

... for friends, old and new, distant and near, none of whom I see enough of. I am thankful for friends who, after years apart, come together as if only days had passed. I am thankful for friends who open their homes, cars and arms whenever I am in need, and who reach out to me when they are in need. I am thankful for friends I will never meet but whose online chatter lifts my spirits.

... for opportunities to learn and grow and expand. I am thankful for opportunities to stumble and fail and try again. I am thankful for opportunities to share all that I have.

... for this life and all it's blessings.

On this day of Thanksgiving, I am thankful.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...