Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Long Time Sun

It's been a long time since I posted, I know. Every year summer pulls me out of my center and whirls me around like a hurricane. At this time of the year I am looking forward to autumn's cooler weather and calmer energy.

Each year has its own ups and downs. Last year seemed to swing wildly from ecstatic highs to heart-wrenching lows. This year has, so far, had a much more even keel. I've been blessed with some very happy moments and not too much personal sadness and, for the most part, I've been comfortably following the path that the universe laid in front of me. Interestingly, it's the same path I followed through the last year's joy and sorrow.

It's easy to accept that you're going in the right direction during joyful times, but during times of grief, pain, anger or depression it's just as easy to question the same path, or lose sight of it completely. I have many times railed at the universe for bringing me to places of sadness and, caught up in pain and grief, turned circles on the spot. Eventually, and without fail, a light appears to guide me back to the path.

Some of my friends are experiencing grief, uncertainty and pain this year. Even if you've spun yourself dizzy, a light will appear to lead you out of the sadness. It has to. It's within you. Keep the faith.



Thanks to Kasha Mama for the lovely video.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this thoughtful post.

    During dark times, it is difficult to see or even imagine the light at the end of the tunnel. But for most people, sooner or later the light appears, far away, small and dim at the start, but growing ever stronger, ever bigger and ever brighter the closer you get.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...