Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gratitude

Tonight, as part of our meditation, I asked my yoga students to think of things in their life that brought them joy or peace and to send a silent thank you to the universe for these things. Because energy follows our thoughts, focusing on the blessings in our lives brings us more blessings. It sounds easy, but the things that are stressful or unpleasant are what we tend to think about. We should practice thinking about the good things in our lives.

To follow my own advice, I thought I would share some things that I am grateful for today.

  • I am thankful that the sale of our house is being handled by a wonderful realtor and friend. He is the same realtor who helped me buy the house, and he worked very hard to make sure everything went smoothly then. I know he will work just as hard now.
  • I am thankful for my husband, who was willing to look for a job 300 miles away and move there on his own, so that in a few months I can fulfill my dream of teaching yoga and spending more time with my kids.
  • I am grateful that the universe blessed me with a great teenager who takes care of her little brother without complaining, and without whose help we would not be able to manage this transition.
  • I am thankful for every student who walks into one of my yoga classes and the energy each of them brings to the classes. I am blessed to be able to share my yoga practice with people who appreciate as much as I do the calm, openness and strength that yoga brings.
  • I am thankful for the divine guru who, no matter how I am feeling, speaks through me and brings my students the class they need each and every time I step on my mat at the front of the room. I am especially thankful today that I was given renewed energy for a couple of hours so I could be fully present for my students despite my illness.
  • I am grateful for the technology which allows me to share my thoughts with so many, and for those who read my thoughts and share my joys and struggles. Thank you.
May your life be full of blessings and peace.
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...