Thursday, July 16, 2009

3 a.m.

alarm clock, bought from IKEAImage via Wikipedia

Every night for the past few weeks, I've opened my eyes and read "3:00" on my alarm clock. Well, sometimes it says "3:10", sometimes "2:47", but you get the picture. No matter what time I go to sleep, I get a 3:00 a.m. wake up call.

I'm not surprised that I have been enjoying the witching hour lately. I've been pretty unsettled due to the whole selling the house, moving my family to a new place, leaving my job, starting my own business thing. My brain is doing lots of thinking, and doesn't want to stop so I can get some sleep.

I thank the universe that Netflix lets you watch stuff online, or I'd have nothing to do when I'm wide awake before dawn.

Nothing has helped with the insomnia. I've tried yoga and meditation before bed. I've tried warm milk. Then I tried beer and work up at 3:00 a.m. with a headache.

I really don't sleep well until 5:00 a.m. That's when the alarm goes off. I hit the snooze, and sleep blissfully for the next hour or so, missing my workout time. And there is the catch-22. I can't sleep, so I don't get up to run, bike or swim. Without the workouts to burn off the energy, I can't sleep. And so on, and so on...

Since I've got another triathlon in two months, I'd better get my act together and get the workouts done. Maybe a 3:00 a.m. run is what I need.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. hell, if you have a safe place to run at 3am, why not ? (()) sorry about the insomnia ... you do have a lot on your proverbial plate right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to sleep easily or slept well until my Naturopath
    had my try 3 ml of Melantonin. Sublingual
    under the tongue is best. Works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...