Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Puzzle

My family loves puzzles. What better way to bring the family together than gathering them around a table full of puzzle pieces? We have some great conversations while each of us looks for pieces that fit into the section we're working on. Since the kids had a week off after Christmas, I stuffed my daughter's stocking with a 1,000 piece puzzle. By December 26th, it was spread out on the kitchen table.

The puzzle, which, when completed, will be a painting of a grey wolf, is still on the kitchen table. This might be the puzzle that beats us. There are large sections of the background that are solid blocks of color, meaning we have to try piece after piece to find out which one fits. A week's vacation wasn't enough time to finish it, so we've been working on it over dinner. On a good night, we'll find two pieces that fit into the completed bit. At this rate we'll be done sometime this summer.

We've never given up on a puzzle, but it would be nice to set the table.

As the table sits under the puzzle, I've been working on other projects. I took a bathroom rug we moved from New Jersey and cut it to a square to fit our smaller bathroom.
Then I pulled the binding off the extra piece and sewed it onto the newly cut edge. (Hand sewing is no fun. I need my sewing machine.)

I've been doing some knitting, too. I've got a hat for the Schroon Lake Food Pantry, a scarf for my son in Schroon Lake Central's school colors, and some little heart pillows on my needles. What could the hearts be for?

Of course, yoga continues to be a huge part of my life. January brought a bunch of new students into the studio, and I welcome them all. This week's classes are focused on awareness. I'm applying the awareness to my run training as well. Maybe I'll be faster by summer.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Where in the Adirondacks are you? I've been dreaming of a long winter weekend in Lake Placid and just need to convince my boyfriend the drive is worth it! It's magical up there. Sounds like that puzzle could carry you straight through winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in Schroon Lake, about an hour from Lake Placid. We've been getting fresh snow every day this week, so it's a perfect time for a visit. I think it's beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...