Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Challenging Push-ups

I am doing the One Hundred Push-ups challenge. It's the fourth week, and I think I'm getting worse instead of better. Maybe it is my push-ups style that's killing me. This is how my workout usually goes:

One...two...three...oh my god...look at the dog hair under the tv cabinet....

Rest. Scoop up the big pile of dog hair and throw it away, then get ready for the second set.

One...two...three...four...one of Tristan's socks is under the couch...

Rest. Retrieve the sock and put it in the hamper.

One...two...three...four...five...what are those red bits in the rug?...eight...nine...which toy did the dogs chew up now?...

Rest. Pick small chunks of red rubber out of the rug.

One...two...three...stop licking my face...six...seven...I can't do push-ups if you lay underneath me...nine...ten...one more...

Collapse on a dog and get growled at. Dog goes in the other room, finally.

One...two...three...no, I don't know where you put your swim team jacket...five...have you looked in your closet?...seven...can this wait 30 seconds?...nine...ten...eleven...great, now the other dog is licking my face...thirt....umph....

Give up for the day.

You should try this. I bet you get to one hundred before me.

3 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for adding me :) your push up sotry made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing that challenge, too. I'm just on week 1, so we'll see how it goes. Your post cracked me up, especially about the dog hair. Oh so true at my house I'm sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on week 2 and my problem isn't getting through them...it's starting them!! Here I go at 10:07 p.m. a day later than I should be doing them!! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...