Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Going Visual

The start of my 2011 creative adventure is being guided by Shannon Kinney-Duh's Inside Out e-course, which started two days ago. It's wonderful so far! I'm really looking forward to the next four weeks of exploring.

Part of the course is creating a visual journal. Today's assignment was to find words in old magazines and put them in the journal. I wasn't really feeling creative, but I ended up having lots of fun gluing the words onto the pages.


When I spread out the words on my desk, they seemed to fit into groups and some clearly were part of the same thought.


Yoga had a whole page, of course.


Looking again, I see messages I hadn't planned. Or, at least, not the part of me that thought it was doing the planning.

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome to see. Shannon is terrific - I didn't realize she was doing a new ecourse so I am grateful to hear about it (even if delayed!)

    Glad to bump into you today via #CED2011

    See my most recent check in here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the subconscious gives us little gifts of insight after we think we've learned what we're supposed to learn;) Looks like a fun and rewarding exercise- I may just have to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you expanded into three pages!, Your enthusiasm is infectious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and am totally inspired that you have open your own yoga studio, etc. I loved yoga before my kids were born but I became a jungle gym for them whenever I practiced. I'm just now starting to give it a shot again and I didn't realize how much I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...