Sunday, January 6, 2013

Word Three: Spirit #365 Yoga

I just spent a weekend with a group of wise, powerful and spiritual women at the Bona Fide Butterflies' Adirondack Women's Retreat. I was blessed to be able to co-facilitate the annual retreat with my fellow BFBs.

The third word I chose this year was spirit. The universe must have wanted me to get started on that right away when it brought together the women who came to the retreat. We had planned the weekend to help the women reconnect to their inner selves and rekindle their own spirits, but I failed to plan for the profound effect these women would have on my own inner spirit. As I rested in Balasana during our yoga and meditation time this morning, I felt humbled and honored to be in the presence of women who embody the divine feminine. Each was truly a Goddess.

My spirit has been neglected for a few years while I focused on more mundane matters, but during the second half of 2012 it demanded attention. Opportunities to reconnect to my spiritual practices appeared one after another. I found like-minded folks in unexpected places.

During 2013 I plan to continue what has already begun and stay open to new opportunities to explore and connect to spirit in all of its aspects. Besides some seventh Chakra work on and off my yoga mat and the monthly new moon and drumming circles at the yoga studio, I'll look for connections to spirit when I'm out in nature. Earth, air, fire and water are all abundant in the Adirondacks, manifesting in various forms.

And the Goddess is here, shining in her many aspects in my expanding tribe of sisters, mothers and friends.

Ishtar, Ceredwin, Hecate, Inanna, Isis, Artemis, Sophia, Athena, Coatilicue, Aphrodite, Mielikki, Astarte, Gaia, Saraswati, Kali, Pele, Paso Wee, Demeter, Parvati, Hera, Akewa, Diana, Nidaba, Chicomecoatl, Lilith, Shekhina, Morgana, Maya, Izanami, Shakti

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. What a great retreat! Glad that you are able to kick off the year working in that space. I am no where close to figuring out my word(s) for the year. Spirit is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm glad you got it started last year. I find that has helped me out as well. Having what I want for this year already set into motion. Spiritual connection and fulfillment is SO important! It's a journey I have been on for a Long time. I do believe, this could be the year I get to where I want to be. or very close. Namaste and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH on my list too! working hard on bringing it in. keep us posted on what you find that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...