Saturday, January 5, 2013

Word Two: Adventure #365Yoga


On your own you dashed upon the Sun, which is at a fabulous distance of thousands of miles, thinking it to be a sweet luscious fruit. (From the Hanuman Chalisa, as translated here.)

Hanuman, the Hindu monkey god, is revered as a symbol of strength, perseverance and devotion. He embodies my second word for 2013: adventure. For what is adventure but seeking the luscious fruit of life, whatever it takes?

I am an adventurer. Maybe not in a "climb Mt. Everest" kind of way, but I find adventures all the time. I seek the juicy bits of life. Sometimes the day's adventure is on my yoga mat, sometimes on an Adirondack mountain, sometimes on the road in my running shoes, and sometimes it's in the pages of a good book.

Adventure is one of the reasons I'm so passionate about maintaining my physical health. My need for adventure, and places to find adventure, drives me to defend the environment and protect the sacred, natural places. Strength, perseverance and devotion are the keys to an adventurous life.

If you'd like to incorporate some adventure in your life this winter, check out 31 Winter Adventures by Expand Outdoors and WanderLydia. And unroll your yoga mat to explore what your body can do. I'll be doing both.

Original image here

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Following a Hanuman path is always a great road. Have the best time with 2013 adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...