Thursday, January 3, 2013

Word One: Abundance #365Yoga

In addition to writing affirmations, I like to start off each year with a word. It's sort of a theme for the year. Last year's word was manifesting, and I did quite a bit of that in 2012.

This year I couldn't narrow my theme to one word, so I ended up with three. It's okay, since I'm thinking a little bit bigger this year anyway.

Word one is abundance. I've been struggling with feeling abundant lately. Although I am grateful for all that we have, which is more than many people in this world have, at times money is very tight. We have never gone without food or heat and we have a roof over our heads, but I nevertheless I feel fearful and lacking sometimes.

Like I'm standing on the edge of a fiscal cliff and it's a long way down. Except I can't raise my own credit limit.

Will this be the year I finally figure out how to make a budget and stick to it? Or will this be the year more revenue comes in? I'm not sure how abundance will play out in my life in 2013, but it will probably be a bit of both. And I'm sure I'll be standing at the edge of a few cliffs this year. But, wait, that's the next post...

Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha

Salutations to Lakshmi, the great goddess of abundance.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Great choice with the word "abundance" for 2013. I think we all could use a bit of that this year! My word for 2013 is "love," but I hope love includes abundance for me, as well. I'll have to chant "Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha" tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Om Shrim Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...