Monday, February 23, 2009


Sometimes a Monday is just a Monday. It started out okay, with a decent swim workout. Then, as I was making my way out of the YMCA, it became a Monday. The guy who mans the front desk called me over because when I checked in he noticed I have a $267 balance on my account. That makes no sense, because my monthly fees are charged to my credit card. Of course, no one is in the office at 6 a.m., so I'd have to call later.

Back at home, the morning rush was on, as usual, but the children seemed to be stuck in slow motion. I am the timekeeper. "Melanie, it's 6:45." "It's 6:53. You need to stop messing with your hair." "It's 6:57. Your hair looks fine." "It's 7:01, Melanie." Then, because the bus comes back past our house on the way out of our neighborhood, "Melanie, the bus went by once already. You'd better get out there." "The bus driver isn't going to wait for you to get your pony tail perfect. JUST GO!"

45 minutes later it starts again. "Tristan, eat your breakfast." "Tristan, time is running out. Eat your breakfast." "You are going to miss the bus if you don't finish your breakfast soon." "If you're done eating, go get dressed." "Stop dancing around in your underwear and put your clothes on." "You are going to be very cold standing at the bus stop if you aren't wearing pants." "PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON NOW!" "Why are you crying?" "I yelled because you weren't putting your clothes on." "It's 8:23. You have two minutes, so cry and put your clothes on at the same time."

Somehow they both managed to get on their buses, although Tristan was still crying and had to be carried onto the bus. It was 8:30 a.m. and I was already exhausted.

Later, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the Y. The nice woman in the office insisted that my account wasn't even set up for monthly credit card billings, and had no idea how the monthly charges were showing up on my credit card bill. We finally got to the bottom of it. Somehow I ended up with two accounts in their system, one with my last name misspelled. My member number was associated with both accounts. The misspelled account had all the credit card charges, but the computer always brought the other account first when I scanned my membership card at the desk. My head was spinning by the end of that conversation, but hopefully it's all straightened out. I'll find out when I swim on Wednesday. Hopefully Wednesday won't be another Monday.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...