Thursday, February 19, 2009

Waxing Poetic

Never look in the mirror before a workout and tell yourself how hard it's going to be. After you've finished, tell yourself how great you did.

Never look in the mirror searching for bits you'd like to get rid of. Find the muscles that are starting to show.

Never look in the mirror in your race clothes and worry that you don't look like a triathlete. You'll look like a triathlete in your finish line photo, no matter what you're wearing.

Never look in the mirror while wearing your swim goggles!

Never look in the mirror thinking about your limitations. Focus on your strengths.

Never look in the mirror and doubt that you can do this. You CAN do this.

Never wax poetic about triathlon training. It's just silly.

This was bouncing around my head all day. I don't know where it came from, but I'm hoping that writing it down will get it out. Sorry to drag you into it.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Love #2 and the last one, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, accentuate the positive, aleviate the negative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thank you for letting me steal your idea! (This is why I don't even have a mirror in my bedroom... don't need it!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...