Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 10 - Ananda (Joy)

A positive frame of mind is a habit. How have you silenced the propaganda factory of negativity with positive thought and behavior in your life in 2011? How has this changed your day-to-day being?

I learned a long time ago about the power of positive thoughts. For the most part, thinking positive is a well-established habit, although I occasionally sink into negativity. When I do, I have tools to help me get out of it.

I find affirmations to be a really useful tool. When I write an affirmation I pound it into my head in various ways. I write it down, then I write it down again. Sometimes I write it in fancy print and decorate it. I write it on small pieces of paper and leave them where I can see them during my day. And I say it over and over and over.

In January I took part in the Inside Out e-course* led by Shannon Kinney-Duh of Free Spirit Knits. In addition to lots of affirmations, my favorite things, I learned how to do art journaling. We played with paint, which was a new thing for me. I loved it! And I felt very creative. Giving myself permission to try things on a journal page without a care for how it looked at the end was very liberating - and very positive.

Positive energy attracts others with the same kind of energy. A group of people with positive energy can manifest anything they dream of. When others support my dreams it is easier to act on them. Positive energy makes things happen.

* Shannon has another session of Inside Out beginning on January 23rd. Check it out here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...