Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6 - Salud (Health)

Fresh Swiss chard
Image via Wikipedia
What did you do for your body's benefit this year?

Over the past five years or so my body has become one of my priorities, so I can honestly say I did lots for my body's benefit this year. I can also honestly say that there is more I could be doing, but I have other priorities that need time and attention as well.

Balance is the key.

This year I was very focused on taking care of my knee so it wouldn't hurt. I got some massages, tried to be more mindful of it while I was running and incorporated more stretching into my daily routine. (Yes, I know I'm a yoga teacher and I stretched all the time, but these were very specific, targeted stretches.) My knee isn't perfect, but it's much better than it was this time last year.

I started taking vitamins regularly, including vitamin D, which my body desperately needed.

Earlier this year I gave up meat (again). After a summer of eating way too much take-out and potato chips, I refocused on feeding my family healthy meals. I just completed a week-long cleanse which reminded me that I need more leafy greens in my diet.

I tried very hard to be fit, while accepting that my fit body might not look the same as another's fit body.

I drank lots of water.

And I ran a half-marathon.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...